Welcome to the financial planning area of our Web Site. This section covers the basics of investing and investment products. A financial questionnaire is available to help you provide the information needed to begin the financial planning process.
The foundation for investing starts with proper financial planning; setting goals, establishing a budget, gathering financial records and knowing your net worth. The financial planning process starts with gathering information. For the financial planner to do his or her job, that person must know your present financial structure, your goals and risk tolerance. The more knowledge that can be obtained the better the financial planner can do his or her job. It is suggested you print and complete the Financial Planning Questionnaire then fax or email it to our office. Your information will be kept confidential and never be given or sold to any other company or individual. The next step involves helping the client answer the following:
- What is the approximate time frame I am willing to keep my funds invested to achieve my investment objectives?
- What current income do I need to obtain from my investments?
- What future cash needs am I likely to have?
- Are there any tax or legal issues that I need to consider for the portfolio's holdings?
- Am I a conservative investor or an aggressive one?
- How much volatility am I willing to accept in my portfolio to try to earn a higher return?
Only after the client has addressed these questions, and has a clear understanding of investment needs and goals can the financial planner begin to determine the appropriate asset mix and identify the right mutual funds, stocks, bonds and money market funds.
Usually a good starting point is to take advantage of any retirement plans that are available to you. Click on Retirement Planning to find out how.